Terms and Conditions: The Gympie Times – Christmas Seafood Giveaway
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants aged under 18 years of age must have parent/legal guardian permission to enter this competition. Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter this competition.
The Promoter is The Gympie Times Pty Ltd, 44 Nash Street, Gympie Queensland 4570. ACN 009 656 928
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form and tokens published in The Gympie Times.
Entry forms will be published on Saturday November 28, 2015, Wednesday December 2, 2015, Friday December 4, 2015 and Wednesday December 9, 2015.,
Tokens will be published between Saturday November 28, 2015 and Friday December 11, 2015.
Entry forms and tokens must be original newsprint.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
Contestants may submit more than one entry.
One original entry form and two tokens equals one (1) valid entry.
One original entry form and two tokens per standard envelope.
Contestants must complete the entry form in full, attach the two (2) coupons, then place in an envelope marked The Gympie Times – Christmas Seafood Giveaway; then
- Send to: PO Box 394, Gympie Qld 4570;
- Deliver to: 44 Nash Street, Gympie Qld 4570; or
- Deliver to: Fisherman’s Haul, 18 Chapple Street, Gympie Qld 4570.
2. Competition duration: The competition commences at 9:00am (AEST) Saturday November 28, 2015 and closes at 10:00am (AEST) on Friday December 11, 2015 (closing date/time). Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- 1 of 10 Seafood Vouchers for $50.00 each (inclusive of GST) for redemption at Fisherman’s Haul, Gympie.
- Winners must collect their vouchers from the Gympie Times no later than 4:00pm Thursday December 17, 2015.
- The total maximum retail value of all prizes in this competition is $500.00 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: Winners will be selected via random draw at the Gympie Times office, 44 Nash Street, Gympie Qld 4570 at 12:00pm (AEST) Friday December 11, 2015. Winners will be contacted by telephone. Prizes will be awarded following the winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner’s details will be published in The Gympie Times Public Notices on Saturday December 12, 2015.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person from The Gympie Times office unless the winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release Form confirming rightful collection of their prize. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes (other than specified) that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.