Terms and Conditions for “QUILT & CRAFT SPECTACULAR”
The Gympie Times
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
To go into the randomly drawn readers must present a “Quilt & Craft Spectacular” entry form to The Gympie Times office, 44 Nash St Gympie. Entry forms will be published in The Gympie Times between Thursday 24th July and Wednesday 10am 30th July, 2014. Contestants must have their entry form(s) in by 10 am Wednesday 10am 30th July, 2014.. By submitting entry forms, the participant has the chance to win one of 10 Double pass entry tickets valued at $5 each throughout the course of the competition. Once the competition has expired, the winners’ entry forms will be selected at random and the winner will be asked to collect their prize. Entry forms will expire once winners’ entries have been drawn.
2. Original Print
The Entry form must be original newsprint - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted.
Next, place the Complete Entry Form in an envelope marked The Gympie Times “Quilt & Craft Spectacular” with your name, address, email address and contact phone number(s) on the back and then:
- send by pre-paid post to The Gympie Times Po Box 394 Gympie Q 4570
(so it is received before the Closure Time); or
- deliver to The Gympie Times 44 Nash Street Gympie
Contestants may submit more than one entry
Each prize contains:
1of 10 Double passes to the Gympie Quilt & Craft Spectacular.
4. The prize is unrestricted to age. The prize value is exclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
5. Competition duration: The competition commences on Thursday 24th July and Wednesday 10am 30th July, 2014. At the completion of the competition all entries will be drawn in mass.
6 Eligibility limitations:
The following persons are also ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition; ( The Gympie Times)
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
7. Draw and notification: Random Draw will be at the Gympie Times office on Thursday the 31st of July 2014 at 10am. Winner will be notified by 11am the following day.
8. Redraw: - is not applicable.
9. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required.
Winners only need to show id at the gate at the Gympie Home Show to gain free entry.
Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
10. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
11. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement). All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be used only for competition purposes. Under the Privacy Act the names and addresses of all entrants in this competition will not be shared or distributed to other parties unless specified.
Promoter: The Gympie Times ABN - 80137982453