Terms and Conditions: Gympie Times – Christmas Lights People’s Choice Competition 2015
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants under the age of 18 years must have parent/legal guardian permission to enter this competition. Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter this competition.
The Promoter is The Gympie Times Pty Ltd, 44 Nash Street, Gympie Queensland 4570. ACN 009 656 928
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must collect, from The Gympie Times, the entry form published between Friday December 4, 2015 and Thursday December 17, 2015. The entry form must be original newsprint.
Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted. The fully completed entry form including your nomination for people’s choice must be placed in an envelope marked The Gympie Times – Christmas Lights People’s Choice Competition 2015; then:
(a) Send by pre-paid post to PO Box 394, Gympie, Qld 4570 (so it is received before the closure date/time); or
(b) Deliver to 44 Nash Street, Gympie, Qld 4570.
Contestants may submit more than one entry, but any Contestant may only win one of the prizes.
One original entry form per standard envelope.
- Win 1 of 4 $100.00 vouchers to use at Barbeques Galore Gympie (inclusive of GST).
- Vouchers must be used by March 31, 2016.
- The total maximum retail value of all prizes in this competition is $400.00 (inclusive of GST).
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 9:00am (AEST) Friday December 4, 2015 and closes 10:00am (AEST) Thursday December 17, 2015 (closing date/time). Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into this competition.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winners will be selected by random draw at 12:00pm (AEST) Thursday December 17, 2015 at the Gympie Times office, 44 Nash Street, Gympie QLD 4570 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner’s details will be published in the Gympie Times Public Notices on Tuesday December 22, 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person from the Gympie Times unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm rightful collection of their prize. All prizes when specified must be collected within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.