Woodburn man suffers serious burns lighting fire with petrol
A WOODBURN man who used petrol to ignite a fire is recovering in Lismore Base Hospital with serious burns to both arms.
Paramedics were called to a house on Richmond Street about 3.30am on Saturday after reports a man had been seriously burned in a domestic incident.
Lismore police Inspector Matt Johnson said when paramedics and police arrived they found a 30-year-old man suffering first and second degree burns to both arms.
"He threw petrol on a fire to try to get it going," Insp Johnson said.
The man was treated at the scene before being airlifted by the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter to hospital in a serious but stable condition.