WILLIAM Shatner has accused J.J. Abrams of "being a pig" over his decision to direct Star Trek and Star Wars at once.
The 81-year-old former Star Trek star told Movie Fanatic the director went "too far" when he took on Star Wars earlier this year.
"He's collecting the two franchises and holding them close to his vest.
"He's probably the most talented director of that ilk that we have, but he's gone too far this time."
"I think of him as a buddy of mine. I've taken him out for sushi. I think it's time for J.J. and I to have a bit of sushi and let me put him straight about [having] two of the largest franchises and not employing me in either one of them.... not employing me in either one of them is just foolhardy."
Abrams was announced as the director of the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII in late January, despite his repeated assertions he did not want to direct the franchise.
He is also preparing for the release of Star Trek Into Darkness, which he directed and produced, on May 17.
Shatner had a previous feud with Abrams over whether he should have appeared in 2009's Star Trek reboot.
Abrams said Shatner wanted a larger part in the movie than he could offer.