Toowoomba man fighting for life after kitchen fire

BREAKING: A Toowoomba man is fighting for life in a Brisbane hospital after a fire at a Rangeville home yesterday.

Emergency services were called to the Perth St home about 4.20pm Sunday after a fire broke out in the kitchen area.

It's believed woodchips in an electric oven caught alight, engulfing the home in smoke and causing a pot to catch alight.

The man and another occupant of the home extinguished the fire before Queensland Fire and Emergency Services arrived on scene.

Paramedics treated the two occupants at the scene for smoke inhalation before the man in his 50s was rushed to Toowoomba Hospital in a critical condition.

Police said the man was later airlifted to a Brisbane hospital where he remains on life support in a medically induced coma.

The fire is not being treated as suspicious.



MEGA GALLERY: 194 stunning photos from Gympie‘s 2020 formals

Premium Content MEGA GALLERY: 194 stunning photos from Gympie‘s 2020 formals

Take a look at every single beautiful photo capturing the moments Gympie region...

Record-breaking start to Rainbow Beach fishing comp

Premium Content Record-breaking start to Rainbow Beach fishing comp

Not a single room, caravan park, motel or campsite is available as almost 800...

PHOTOS: Christmas party season begins under the stars

Premium Content PHOTOS: Christmas party season begins under the stars

Gympie’s business community glammed up to kick off the silly season with a stylish...