7 things a burnt-out mum wants to hear, but is afraid to ask
SOMETIMES you can just tell.
Her eyes may have started to lose their sparkle. Her smile appears forced or not quite like it used to.
Maybe it's a change in her routine that gives it away.
Or maybe she's fallen into a heap on the bathroom floor; exhausted, lost, broken.
There are times in a mother's life where it can all get too hard. Between the chaos that is raising a family, work, study, life and the rest, mums can become prone to burn-out. And it's up to friends and family to notice the signs and speak up.
We asked our Mummas: what are five things every burnt-out mum wants to hear, but is afraid to ask for. Here's what they said:
1. Go home, have a rest, have a bath, shave your legs - do whatever you need to just for you.
2. Let me help. Let me do this for you because I know you're not going to ask.
3. Let me take the kids for the day.
4. You're doing good. You're doing the best you can and it is good enough.
5. Someone to offer their company. They don't have to fix anything, just be there for a vent, a coffee, a chat.
6. You don't need to hold it together all the time.
7. Thank you.
What would you add to the list?