Guide to summer essentials
SWIMMING in the ocean, lazing on the sand - the beach is the place to be on long hot summer days.
Whether it's for a few hours a day or a much-deserved holiday, before hitting the shore make sure to stock up on all of the latest summer essentials.
Banana Boat Mineral Protect SPF 30+
Banana Boat Mineral Protect SPF 30+ contains naturally sourced zinc that goes on clear to create natural physical blockers from the sun's rays, providing broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection without chemical sunscreen actives or white residue.
With a product for both kids and those with sensitive skin, Banana Boat Mineral Protect SPF 30+ provides premium protection. Available from supermarkets, pharmacies, and variety stores nationally.
Phone 1800 810 310 or visit www.bananaboat.com.au
Designed with a pull over shelter to protect you from the sun, and made from texaline fabric for superior ventilation.
Available at BCF stores or visit www.bcf.com.au. RRP $99.
Nikon Coolpix AW100
Capture special moments at the beach with this waterproof, shockproof and freeze proof camera. Features also include: 16 megapixels, 5X optical zoom, 7.5cm LCD screen, built in GPS with electronic compass and world map and full HD movie recording.
Available at The Good Guys or visit www.thegoodguys.com.au.
Wahu Mega Beach Pack
Containing a Wahu Beach Footy, beach soccer ball and more, this pack is all you need for a day of fun and games.
Konfidence UV Sun Tops
Made from PBT material to offer children long-lasting UV protection.
Visit http://konfidence.com.au. RRP $29.95.
Heaven at Trixan Body bikini
Visit www.trixanbody.com.au. RRP $80.65.
Ladies red and white stripe beach bag
Available at Target or visit www.target.com.au. RRP $20.
Wave Sun Wall:
Attach this clever product to any umbrella to create an instant privacy wall and extra sun protection.
Visit www.lifeliveitup.com.au. RRP $20.
- Slip on sun protective clothing.
- Slop on SPF 30+ sunscreen. Make sure your sunscreen is broad spectrum and water resistant.
- Apply sunscreen generously to clean, dry skin at least 20 minutes before going outside and reapply every two hours.
- Slap on a hat: A broad brimmed, legionnaire or bucket style hat provides good protection for the face, nose, neck and ears. Caps and visors do not provide adequate protection.
- Slide on some sunglasses: Sunglasses and a broad brimmed hat worn together can reduce UV radiation exposure to the eyes by up to 98%.
For more information visit: www.cancerqld.org.au. Source: Cancer Council Queensland