Menu
News

School fire caused after gurney left to run dry

Fire fighters say a small fire at Two Mile school this morning could have been a lot worse
Fire fighters say a small fire at Two Mile school this morning could have been a lot worse Bev Lacey

A GYMPIE school fire this morning caused light to medium smoke damage to a classroom, but could have been a lot worse, a Queensland Fire and Emergency Service officer said.

"We received a Triple-O call about 5.30am, telling us of a structural fire at Two Mile school," Acting Station Officer Andrew Goffin said.

"Officer saw light smoke coming from a classroom.

"A pressure cleaner had caught alight and molten plastic had set fire to the floor lining," he said.

Police said they also attended the blaze. It appeared the gurney had run dry and the motor had overheated, causing an electrical fire.

Mr Goffin said there was minor damage to the classroom floor only and light to medium smoke damage to the classroom.

Gympie Times


Drug cocktail the wrong mix - and a gas leak scare

EMERGENCY: A suspected gas leak led emergency crews to shut down a Gympie shop at the weekend.

Man in court for drug driving and an emergency declared in Gympie

Region cafe ready to reap rewards of $2 billion solar farm

AN AUSSIE PICK-UP: Ash and Linda Blake of The Rusty Ute Cafe hope to see a boost from the Lower Wonga solar farm development.

Couple's lifestyle change set to see big boost.

Australia Day: 'Not all whities bad' says former alderman

Celebrating diversity on Australia Day.

Former Gympie alderman says 'not all whities are bad'

Local Partners