Road Closures for the Gold Coast Airport Marathon
ACTING Inspector Ben Nielsen from Gold Coast District Major Events Group has advised people intending on coming to the Gold Coast on Sunday 5 July to take the GC Airport Marathon into consideration.
Road closures will be in place from Paradise Point (north), down to Miami (south) from 4am to 2pm.
The Gold Coast Airport Marathon is a great tourism event, but unfortunately there will be some traffic disruption.
Please consider your journey into Southport, Main Beach, and Surfers Paradise.
The Sundale Bridge (between Southport and Main Beach) will be slow going from 6am to 2pm. If you need to get to Main Beach (Seaworld) or Surfers Paradise, look at alternate routes from the south; via Chevron Island, Isle of Capri or even Broadbeach.
If you are a participant or spectator attending the race precinct, check out the Gold Coast Airport Marathon website for transport options.
The G:link light rail service is free to registered participants from 4am to 3pm, and a great way to access the race precinct, as parking in Southport will be limited.
The full road closures are listed below:
Sunday 5 July 2015 from 4.00am to 2pm:
- Full road closure of the Sundale Bridge, Southport from 0700hrs to 0730hrs as required under the direction of Police.
Partial road closure of the following Northern roads:
- Gold Coast Highway, Southport from Ada Bell Way including Sundale Bridge southbound to intersection of Waterways Drive, Main Beach (Northbound lanes will be two way.)
Full road closure of the following roads:
- The Esplanade Paradise Point from Donald Avenue to Falkinder Avenue Paradise Point
- Bayview Street from Falkinder Ave Paradise Point to Lands End Bridge, Anglers Paradise
- Lae Drive from Bayview Street to Morala Avenue, Runaway Bay
- Marine Parade from Lands End Bridge Biggera Waters to Brisbane Road, Biggera Waters
- Gold Coast Hwy from Brisbane Road, Biggera Waters to Broad Street, Labrador
- Frank Street from Broad Street, Labrador to Loders Creek Bridge, Labrador
- Gold Coast Highway from Loders Creek Bridge, Labrador to Ada Bell Way, Southport
- Waterways Drive from Gold Coast Hwy to Seaworld Drive, Main Beach
- Macarthur Parade, from Seaworld Drive to Main Beach Parade, Main Beach
- Main Beach Parade from Macarthur Parade to The Esplanade, Surfers Paradise
- The Esplanade from Main Beach Parade, to Clifford Street, Surfers Paradise
- Northcliffe Terrace from Clifford Street to Thornton Street, Surfers Paradise
- Garfield Terrace from Thornton Street to Fern Street, Surfers Paradise
- Fern Street between Garfield Terrace, Surfers Paradise and Old Burleigh Road Surfers Paradise
- Old Burleigh Road from Fern Street to Armrick Avenue, Broadbeach
- Broadbeach Boulevard, from Armrick Avenue to Queensland Avenue, Broadbeach
- Old Burleigh Road from Queensland Avenue to Alexandra Avenue, Broadbeach
- Hedges Avenue from Alexandra Avenue to Seashell Avenue, Mermaid Beach
- Albatross Avenue from Seashell Avenue to Chairlift Avenue, Nobby Beach
- Marine Parade, from Chairlift Avenue to Hythe Street, Miami.
- Hythe Street, from Marine Parade to Gold Coast Highway
- Kelly Avenue from Gold Coast Highway to The Esplanade, Miami
- The Esplanade, from Kelly Avenue to First Avenue, Miami
- Kratzmann Avenue, from The Esplanade to Gold Coast Highway, Miami
Partial road closure of the following Southern roads:
- Gold Coast Highway, Miami between Hythe Street and Kratzmann Avenue (Northbound lanes will be two way)
Police thank motorists for their patience during these disruptions.
Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.