David Stuart

Reports woman taken to hospital after shock from iPhone

A SYDNEY woman has been has been taken to hospital after receiving a shock from her iPhone, according to media reports across Australia.

However, both NSW Ambulance and  Royal North Shore Hospital, where a woman suffering an electric shock was taken, are remaining tight-lipped on the situation.

A NSW Ambulance spokesman said he could confirm that a woman was treated for electric shock but he was unable to verify the cause of the incident.

A spokeswoman  for Royal North Shore Hospital refused to comment on the situation.

News Ltd and Fairfax outlets reported today that a woman in her 20s was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital in a stable condition.

The News Ltd report said the claim had been verified by ambulance officers.

The incident follows the death of a Chinese woman earlier this month, which her family says was caused by an electric shock from using her iPhone while it was charging.

Another man was reported as being in a coma this week after a similar incident involving an after-market iPhone charger.



‘What drives someone to choose Gympie over other places?’

Premium Content ‘What drives someone to choose Gympie over other places?’

Cr Warren Polley says people have been drawn to Gympie for many reasons and none of...

How to get a job on the $2 billion Tuan wind farm

Premium Content How to get a job on the $2 billion Tuan wind farm

The developer of a major renewable energy hub in the region’s north is calling on...

Arsonist broke into Gympie house and lit fire in backyard

Premium Content Arsonist broke into Gympie house and lit fire in backyard

The man walked free from court yesterday, but with seven months’ parole hanging...