RATTLER BLOWOUT: breakdown of how council is spending $16m
THE Rattler has once again blown out, with the region now paying at least an extra $2.35 million to get the heritage train back on the tracks.
With yesterday's vote to increase the budget now in the books, the following is a breakdown of what the ratepayer is getting for their investment to date.
New funds breakdown
* Track, bridges, tamping $597,575.00.
* Contract Administration Services $189,777.55.
* Additional sleepers $311,750.
* Minor variations $280,000.
* Contingency $140,000.
* Technical Maintenance Plan $35,000.
* Building works $471,000.
* Rolling stock $328,000.
* Track and Bridges Budget as at December 2017: $11,500,783.
* Updated Track and Bridges Budget $13,054,885.55.
* Refurbishment of Rolling Stock as at December 2017 $1,420,125.
* C17 Locomotive 967 $1,268,800.
* Rolling Stock (completed)$151,325.
* Additional Funds required - C17 Locomotive 967 $ 328,000.
* Updated Refurbishment of Rolling Stock $1,748,125.
* Building & Station Works as at December 2017 $1,250,000.
* Additional Funds required $471,000.
* Updated Building & Station Works$1,721,000.
* Project Budget as at December 2017 $14,500,783.
* Updated Project Budget $16,853,885.55
* State Government funding $7,000,000.
* Council funding as of April 26 2018 $9,853,885.55.