MISSING: The Coronial inquest into the disappearance and suspected death of Rachel Antonio will resume in June.
MISSING: The Coronial inquest into the disappearance and suspected death of Rachel Antonio will resume in June. Contributed

Rachel Antonio disappearance inquest set for June restart

THE inquest into the suspected death of missing teen Rachel Antonio will resume in mid June.

Central Queensland Coroner David O'Connell indicted in October he needed to put the inquest on hold while he attended to "certain matters".

"There are certain matters I need to attend to before we can continue," he said at the time.

The 16-year-old Bowen girl vanished on Anzac Day 1998. Rachel was last seen by her mother as she dropped her at the cinemas at 6pm for the 7pm screening of Good Will Hunting.

Fifty witnesses have already given evidence as part of the ongoing coronial inquest, which commenced in Bowen in July last year.

The Office of the State Coroner released yesterday that the inquest would resume for a week from June 15 at the Bowen Magistrates Court.



WARNING: Severe thunderstorm headed for Wide Bay

WARNING: Severe thunderstorm headed for Wide Bay

More flash flooding could be on the cards if severe storm hits

Perrett: 'Lock in' vegetation maps before 'harsh' laws start

Perrett: 'Lock in' vegetation maps before 'harsh' laws start

Tony Perrett says time is running out before 'harsh' laws tabled.

ROLLING: Mary River to peak tonight

ROLLING: Mary River to peak tonight

Gympie was smashed yesterday.

Local Partners