A British baby boy had an unfortunate experience with spray tan. Photo / The Unmumsy Mum Facebook
A British baby boy had an unfortunate experience with spray tan. Photo / The Unmumsy Mum Facebook

Parenting fail: Mum accidentally fake tans baby

A BRITISH mum has learnt the dangers of breastfeeding too soon after a spray tan.

Gemma Colley submitted the image to The Unmumsy Mum Facebook page, showing her little boy with an orange five o'clock shadow around his mouth and nose - a result of having been breastfed a few hours after she had a spray tan.

"From one mum to another, I'd like to let you know about my epic fail of fails," she wrote.

"Yesterday I had a spray tan, a few hours later I breastfed my little boy. Cue 5 o'clock shadow and a very guilty mummy."

The photo has since received over 70,000 likes and has been shared over 15,000 times - with mostly supportive comments from other mums. Some even had similar stories to tell.

"I love my fake tan and my little girl regularly had a tanned ear from when she had fallen asleep on me.. But this has made my day!" wrote one mother.

In case you missed it...

Related Items



BREAKING: Two hurt in Highway truck crash near Gympie

BREAKING: Two hurt in Highway truck crash near Gympie

Two people required treatment on scene.

Man stung for drugs twice in two days

Man stung for drugs twice in two days

He said he turned to drugs because he's going through a hard time.

Local Partners