Healthy future for men
THE region’s Mr Movember, Robert Walton said he was impressed with the services and initiatives available in the Gympie Region for men’s health.
“I think it all looks well for the future of men’s health in the region,” he said.
The aim of Movember is to raise funds and awareness for men’s health specifically prostate cancer and depression in a fun way by having men growing moustaches during the month of November.
According to beyondblue’s depression checklist, if you have had a depressed mood or loss of interest of pleasure in the past two weeks, you may have depression.
If you answer yes to five or more of the following symptoms you should see a doctor.
- Depressed mood most of the day;
- Less interest or pleasure in all activities;
- Weight loss or gain (when not dieting);
- Sleeping difficulties;
- Slowed or fastened movements;
- Tiredness or loss of energy;
- Feeling worthless;
- Difficulty concentrating; and
- Thoughts of Death.