Craig Warhurst

No safety issues at Laminex

UPDATE:

Gympie's Laminex factory has been found to have no safety issues after reports of a worker getting a possible electric shock last Thursday. 

A factory spokesman told The Gympie Times the worker had been cleaning a light fixture in the ceiling when he felt a tingling in his hand and wrist. He was taken to hospital as a precaution. No treatment was needed and he was discharged. 

Independent investigators checked the site and found no issues.

"Laminex is conducting its own investigation as the safety of our employees is a top priority," the spokesman said. 

The file photo of a worn electricity cord, while not stated in the story,  used online with the original story may have given an incorrect impression of events. 

 

EARLIER: 

A 50-year-old man has been taken to Gympie Hospital after receiving an electric shock at Laminex this morning at 11.20am.

He is in a stable condition.

RELATED: Recovering Dalby man tells what it's like to be hit by 12,000 volts of electricity.

Gympie Times


Teen girl ‘serious’ as chopper called to bad Woolooga crash

Premium Content Teen girl ‘serious’ as chopper called to bad Woolooga crash

All five patients involved are reportedly teenagers or children.

What an inland Bruce Hwy would mean for our region and city

Premium Content What an inland Bruce Hwy would mean for our region and city

A BILLION dollar project could result in 50% of trucks taken off the Bruce Hwy...

LETTER: Climate change a hoax that makes us all feel guilty

Premium Content LETTER: Climate change a hoax that makes us all feel guilty

LETTER: You are transforming the western world into a race of ungrateful spoilt...