AAP

Man charged with abduction

A 35-YEAR-OLD Toowoomba man has been charged with abduction and deprivation of liberty after he went missing with a 2-year-old boy for six days.

The boy's mother had previously trusted the man with the care of her son.

However, on this occasion, the man failed to return the child and the mother reported the boy missing on Wednesday May 26.

The boy's mother made an emotional plea for the return of her son.

Police say the boy was safely returned to friends in the Toowoomba area about 9pm yesterday. The man then turned himself in to Toowoomba police about 1am this morning.

The man is also charged with stalking, unlawful use of a motor vehicle and two counts of entering a dwelling with intent.

The man is scheduled to appear in Toowoomba Magistrate's Court this afternoon.



Mayor's choice on Rattler review does not ease concern

premium_icon Mayor's choice on Rattler review does not ease concern

Letter: Who knew what and when did they know it?

GREAT FIELDS: Picture perfect for Zinc 96 races

GREAT FIELDS: Picture perfect for Zinc 96 races

Fields growing for day out on track.

Murder accused faked own abduction, court told

premium_icon Murder accused faked own abduction, court told

Williams admitted she ‘kidnapped herself’, witness tells trial

Local Partners