Toowoomba man, 18, admits to child sex charges

A TOOWOOMBA man has pleaded guilty to three charges of indecently dealing with a child under 16.

The city's District Court yesterday heard the 18-year-old plead guilty to the three offences from March 8, 14 and 21 last year.

Barrister Robbie Davies asked the court to delay sentencing in order to gather further reports relating to his client's character.

He said his client, aged 17 years and three months at the time of the offending, had been in a loving relationship with the complainant for about five months.

The girl was aged 15 years and nine months at the time, Mr Davies said.

Judge Michael Rackemann adjourned the case for sentencing mention in the same court on Wednesday next week.

The man was released on bail.



STAY INFORMED: Crews still fighting Kingaroy bushfire

STAY INFORMED: Crews still fighting Kingaroy bushfire

People in the area will be affected by smoke.

Sunshine Motorway smash sparks Bruce Hwy delays

Sunshine Motorway smash sparks Bruce Hwy delays

Lanes reduced, long delays expected

Body in a bin murder accused extradited to Victoria

premium_icon Body in a bin murder accused extradited to Victoria

Coast man charged after missing man's body was found in bin

Local Partners