Korn brothers dominate at Widgee
THE ears of rival clubs prick up whenever the Gympie Motorcycle Club is mentioned.
Determined and ambitious, the Gympie club is a relentless force in competition and is always assured of a strong presence on the finish podium.
After revving up the year with a wave of success, the celebrations continue after the second round of the Pony Express last weekend.
The event was hosted by the Gympie Motorcycle Club at Widgee, attracting a solid field of 170 riders.
Despite the constant threat of rain, the weather held off until the final few events where a light sprinkle left the track slippery for senior competitors.
Gympie Motorcycle Club spokeswoman Samantha Korn was thrilled with the day’s success as the dust settled.
“People travelled from Chinchilla, Brisbane and Toowoomba to ride on the day,” she said.
Gympie competitors dominated at their own round.
Looking ahead, the Gympie Motorcycle Club is hosting a trail ride on Sunday, April 17 at Widgee.
Korn encouraged riders to attend a fun day out.
“Come along and have a go at some of the tracks that will be available, including the pee wee track for beginners, a novice track and the main trail ride,” she said.
Lunch will be available for all riders to quell their hunger after hitting the tracks.
For enquiries, phone Simon from the Gympie Motorcycle Club on 0427 828 456.
- Juniors 85/150 12yrs to 15yrs Jaiden Deserio and Kayden Groves 3rd Place
- Juniors 200/250 13yrs to 15yrs Cohen Buckley and Tyson Gerick 4th Place
- Juniors 85/150 9yrs to 11yrs Ashton Korn and Ben Korn 1st Place
- Juniors 85/150 9yrs to 11yrs Rohan Bird and Brady Hatchman 4th Place
- Juniors 85/150 9yrs to 11yrs Reece Brierley and Truman Winston 2nd Place