Injured Scott looks unlikely to make Origin return for NSW
BEAU Scott has been a part of the New South Wales Origin team for the past three campaigns, but is unlikely to play a role this year.
Scott, hailed as a big signing for the Knights, is not expected to return from his groin injury for another eight weeks.
That will rule him out for games I and II, and give him limited opportunity to press his claims for game III.
The Knights see Scott's absence as a huge blow, the club holding high hopes after the back-rower reunited with coach Wayne Bennett.
"The original assessment was 12 weeks, and he's still got another eight to go," Newcastle football manager Warren Smiles said.
"At this stage, he's not looking at Origin or any representative football - he just wants to be right for club football."
Scott was called up for Game III last year in Glenn Stewart's absence, after playing two games each in the 2010 and 2011 series.
"He trained this morning and was moving freely, but wasn't doing anything physical," Smiles said.
Meanwhile, boom centre Dane Gagai will return against the Titans on Sunday after injuring his ankle in round two against Manly.