'I'm innocent', murder accused tells inmate
UPDATE: A WOMAN jailed for the manslaughter of Mackay man Timothy Pullen allegedly told an ex-partner she had cut his throat.
But Kiera Jeanette McKay also allegedly told ex-partner Robert Austin on another occasion that her then-partner Nicolas Voorwinden had cut Mr Pullen's throat, the Mackay Magistrates Court was told.
Mr Pullen has been missing since April 2012.
It is alleged he was murdered on April 16 by Zane Tray Lincoln, 37, Stephen Dale Renwick, 39 and Benjamin Francis Graeme Oakley, 27.
Luke Shayne Kister is charged with accessory after the fact to murder.
McKay and Voorwinden were jailed after pleading guilty, in March this year, to manslaughter for their involvement in Mr Pullen's disappearance.
Day one of a committal hearing involving Lincoln, Renwick, Oakley and Kister began on Monday.
Mr Austin, who was the first witness, said McKay first told him it had been her's and another woman's job to lure Mr Pullen inside where a couple of other guys were waiting to sort out a drug debt, but that she didn't see anything because she was locked in a room upstairs.
She then told him the other versions on later dates but he couldn't remember when.
Mr Austin said it wasn't uncommon for McKay to be "scattered" or drug affected, the court was told.
Retired Mackay district police senior constable Gary Knack told the court he'd intercepted a blue Nissan Navara with no number plates and a damaged windscreen after hearing a police radio broadcast about such a vehicle.
The interception occurred on April 17 in 2012 on the Peak Downs Hwy about 35km from Mackay.
Mr Knack said the driver had identified himself as Stephen Renwick and he believed the passenger was Luke Kister.
The court was told both had said he could search the vehicle, but he didn't. Mr Knack said nothing occurred to make him think there was anything suspicious going on.
The matter, under Magistrate Damien Dwyer, continues on Tuesday.
EARLIER: MURDER accused Zane Tray Lincoln allegedly told a fellow inmate "I'm innocent... there's no way I can get pinned for murder".
Lincoln, 37, is one of three men charged with killing Mackay man Timothy Pullen in April 2012.
He was arrested in mid-2013.
A witness who gave evidence as part of a committal hearing in relation to the suspected murder of Mr Pullen said he became friends with Lincoln while the pair were in custody.
Under questioning he told the court it was during a conversation about what they were both in custody for that Lincoln professed his innocence.
Six witnesses will give evidence during the first day of the committal hearing, which is expected to go for three days.
Stephen Dale Renwick, 39 and Benjamin Francis Oakley, 27 are also charged with murder over Mr Pullen's disappearance and suspected death.
His body has never been found.
Luke Shayne Kister, 25, is charged with accessory after the fact to murder over the disappearance.
All four accused appeared in the Mackay Magistrates Court today for the committal hearing.
Kister and Renwick are both out on bail, while Lincoln and Oakley appeared in custody from the dock.