Gympie sport given a $33,000 boost
DRAGON boat paddlers, soccer players, volunteers, cricketers and other sport participants from Gympie will benefit from more than $33,000 in State Government funding as part of the Sport and Recreation Active Inclusion program.
Gympie region groups to receive funding through the program are:
- Cooloola Dragon Boat Club to conduct come and try days and provide first aid training for volunteers at Tin Can Bay $3927;
- Football Gympie to conduct come and try days including children with a disability and sports medicine accreditation $5000;
- Golden City Soccer Club to conduct come and try days at schools for children with a disability and recognise volunteers $5000;
- Gympie Amateur Basketball Association to conduct come and try days, sports first aid and coaching accreditation $5000;
- Gympie Diggers Football Club to provide coach accreditation and reward volunteers $4220;
- Gympie Junior Cricket Association to conduct a school holiday coaching clinic $3351;
- Pomona/Cooroy and District Australian Football Club to conduct sports first aid, and coach and umpire training for volunteers at Pomona $2300;
- The Gympie Bowls Club to conduct education and training, including related computer purchase for volunteers and a come and try day $4360.