Gympie rates deadline almost here
RATEPAYERS throughout the Gympie region have until 4pm Thursday to pay their rates or they will miss out on the 5% discount.
Gympie Regional Council rates for the first half of the 2015/16 financial year are due by 4pm Thursday, September 17.
A council spokesman said the council was continuing to distribute rates notices via email for ratepayers that opt-in for the service, with hundreds of ratepayers choosing that option.
Rate payments can be made via a range of options including:
• Via BPAY if registered with your financial institution
• By phone using Visa or Mastercard on 1300 276 468 (surcharge applies)
• In person at any branch of Australia Post, with cash, cheque or EFTPOS
• In person at either Town Hall, 2 Caledonian Street, Gympie, Council Chambers, 242 Mary Street, Gympie or 26 Bligh Street, Kilkivan from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
• By mail using cheque or money order made out to Gympie Regional Council, PO Box 155, Gympie 4570.
To assist with your online or phone payments have the reference number from your rates notice handy.
For rates inquiries, or to register to receive future rates notices via email, email email@example.com or phone 1300 307 800 between 8.15am and 4.4 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Any ratepayers having trouble paying their rates, should contact the council to discuss an installment plan.
Inquiries visit gympie.qld.gov.au