Gunalda kitchen fire
LUCKILY no one was injured when a pot caught on fire at a house in Gunalda yesterday.
Gympie fire fighters arrived at the scene about 10.30am, but the fire was already extinguished by the occupants of the home.
A Gympie Fire and Rescue spokesperson said the fireys were happy to arrive anyway and check out the incident, making sure everything was okay.
He said the only things that were damaged in the fire were the pot and the rangehood.
If a pot does catch on fire you should turn off the power to the element or turn the gas off, if possible cover the pot with a fire blanket and use a fire extinguisher. Fireys say never to put the pot in the sink and turn the tap on.