Guide Biscuits, The best biscuits in the world
Gympie Guides are selling biscuits!!
Meet the Biscuits
Did you know …?
•Girl Guides have been selling Biscuits in Australia for the past 55 years to raise proceeds to support local, national and international Guiding activities and programs.
• This year, Australians are expected to consume more than 13 million Girl Guide Biscuits raising over $1.7 million for young Australian women.
• More than 570,000 packets of Girl Guide Biscuits will be sold across Australia this year.
• Biscuits are available in three flavours: plain, chocolate and choc minis.
• Girl Guide Biscuits have been made using the same recipe for more than 50 years. The original recipe was created in 1955 by biscuit manufacturers Cadbury Schweppes Hudson. The current biscuit supplier, Griffin's acquired the recipe from the Cadbury biscuits business 30 years ago when they swapped it for their confectionary business.
• Each packet of Girl Guide Biscuits costs $3.00 and 100% of the funds raised support Girl Guides programs. Proceeds are used to help fund local Guiding activities, camps and events, purchase Guiding supplies and program materials, and support disadvantaged girls to enjoy Guiding. The funds are also used to provide training and support for Girl Guides Leaders, and to support international Guiding events.
• Biscuits are only sold once a year in Australia, between May and June.
• Girl Guide Biscuits are not available in stores - they can only be purchased from Girl Guides in your local area.
• The annual Girl Guide Biscuit campaign is the organisation's biggest fundraiser.
• Every Guide who sells Biscuits receives a special badge to acknowledge her involvement in the fundraiser.
• Girl Guides who participate in the Biscuit fundraiser learn critical skills in leadership and teamwork. They also learn to set goals, grow in confidence, make business decisions, manage money, learn people skills and develop business ethics.
Though great when enjoyed on their own, Girl Guide Biscuits can also be used as a key ingredient in a variety of delicious and easy recipes, such as:
• Chocolate Cheesecake
• Rocky road slice
• Cherry ripe balls
2013 Recipe Sheet Available
To find out where you can purchase Girl Guides Biscuits in your local area, more Biscuits recipe ideas, or information about Girl Guides Australia, visit www.girlguides.org.au or call 0417610612, 0425850360, or 0417614342
The following note is from Griffins Foods:
On the issue of palm oil and sustainability, Griffins has updated its sourcing guidelines and our goal is to only use palm oil suppliers who do not break any local laws in the regions they operate and protect high conservation forests. We source our products from active members of the Round Table on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO); the objective of the RSPO being to promote the growth and use of sustainable palm products through credible global standards and engagement of stakeholders.
We are also working with our supplier members with expertise in this area to ensure we deliver on our commercial and ethical commitments around sustainability.