Woman suffers facial burns in gas stove explosion

The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.
The Shingle Inn Cafe in the Toowoomba CBD.

A WOMAN has burns to her face after a gas stove explosion at a Toowoomba CBD cafe.

Emergency services were called to the Shingle Inn about 7.15am to reports of a gas stove explosion.

Queensland Ambulance Service paramedics are treating a female employee for minor burns to her face.

RELATED: Exploding stove shocks emergency service personnel

She is expected to be transported to Toowoomba Hospital.

The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service is on scene.

Workplace health and safety authorities will investigate.

 



Ron Owen: Lead poisoning fears at shooting range bogus

premium_icon Ron Owen: Lead poisoning fears at shooting range bogus

Gun club dispells fears lead from shells is leaching into water

Gympie, rain could be closer than you think

premium_icon Gympie, rain could be closer than you think

But first, some cold, cold mornings.

NRLW Broncos inspire Gympie's young females

premium_icon NRLW Broncos inspire Gympie's young females

'We will be working off this momentum'

Local Partners