Five things you may not know about Gympie
1. POPULATION: The population of the Gympie region is 48,681 according to 2015 data. The average annual population growth for the region from 2010 to 2015 was 1%. Australia's national population growth is 1.5%.
2. GRP: The Gross Regional Product of the region is $2 billion, according to latest figures.
3. JOBS: There were 19,219 people employed in the first quarter of 2016. In the March quarter, Gympie had an unemployment rate of 8.5% compared to the Wide Bay unemployment rate of 8.9% and the national unemployment rate of 6%.
4. INCOME: Income per capita is $19,859 (measured by total income based on ATO returns divided by estimated resident population). The Queensland income per capita is $30,596 and Australia-wide it is $31,968.
5. BUSINESS NUMBERS: There are 4272 businesses in the Gympie region (according to 2015 data), 2.5% more than in 2014.
- These statistics were obtained from the Gympie Regional Council website.