THIS Nash truck (no relation to James Nash) was made in the USA in the early 1920s.
It was purchased by Bernie Thomas from Roy Cassidy in 1926 and used to cart sugarcane and bananas in the Kandanga district.
Powered by a four cylinder petrol engine, it has a crank handle for starting. A brass plate in the cabin states the warranty is void if the maximum speed of 16 mph (25 kph) is exceeded.
The wheels have wooden spokes and fellies with steel rims and solid rubber tyres.
In 2003, Vic Summers purchased the truck and donated it to the museum.
Some years ago three of the wheels were damaged by white ants, so the multi-talented museum volunteers turned into amateur wheelwrights and rebuilt them.
The truck is pictured here on its way to last year's Gold Rush parade. It will again be running in the parade, tomorrow afternoon.