Fire truck
Fire truck Tessa Mapstone

Electrical fault causes fire emergency at service station

A FRIDGE on fire has seen a service station become smoke-logged in Landsborough this morning.

One Queensland Fire and Emergency Service crew responded to the call at 10.10am and extinguished the blaze "straight away".

A QFES media spokesman said the fire was caused due to an electrical fault in the compression unit of the fridge.

The service station on Railway St had smoke pouring out of it.

QFES are no longer on scene.



Man says ‘family drama’ triggered return to drugs

Premium Content Man says ‘family drama’ triggered return to drugs

A man caught walking a Gympie street at night with a used meth needle says a fatal...

LETTER: Why we should change the date of Australia Day

Premium Content LETTER: Why we should change the date of Australia Day

There are 364 other dates to choose from. January 26 is more appropriate to the...

Next hinterland hotspot to get hitched emerges

Premium Content Next hinterland hotspot to get hitched emerges

New player in hinterland wedding and events market could soon emerge