East Bundaberg man charged with $10K looting
A 32-YEAR-OLD East Bundaberg man has been charged with looting after police seized a haul of what is believed to be $10,000 of stolen property.
Bundaberg Criminal Investigation Branch Detective Senior Constable Jason Schuler said a Kinghorn St, East Bundaberg, home was searched on Tuesday as a result of information received from the public.
"A quantity of industrial tools, including mechanical tool boxes, generators, spray equipment, air compressors and welders were located," he said.
Det Snr Const Schuler said the property had been reported stolen on February 7 from another address in East Bundaberg.
The man was charged with stealing by looting and possessing tainted property.
"This has been one of several incidents of looting proceeding through the courts since the floods occurred," Det Snr Const said.
He was granted bail and will reappear in Bundaberg Magistrates Court on March 18.