Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.



PHOTOS: Foul-smelling seaweed ‘like an oil slick’ at Rainbow

Premium Content PHOTOS: Foul-smelling seaweed ‘like an oil slick’ at Rainbow

The thick coating of weeds is lining the shores all the way towards Inskip...

‘Well-known’ local woman plucked from ocean by rescuers

Premium Content ‘Well-known’ local woman plucked from ocean by rescuers

A well-known local woman was pulled from the water by onlookers just north of...

End of an era in Kandanga as local pub changes hands

Premium Content End of an era in Kandanga as local pub changes hands

A new chapter in the colourful, century-long history of the Kandanga Hotel is about...