COVID CLOSURES: What’s open, closed on Coast
HUNDREDS of Sunshine Coast businesses were forced to close this week after the Australian Government introduced new shutdown measures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All Coast pubs and bars, registered and licensed clubs and hotels (excluding accommodation) closed, as have all gyms and indoor sporting venues.
Both Event Cinemas, at Maroochydore and Kawana, are closed, as is Bigscreen Cinemas Caloundra and Birch Carrol and Coyle Noosa.
But a number of favourite restaurants and cafes will remain open, offering takeaway options to residents.
COAST RESTAURANTS, CAFES STILL OFFERING TAKEAWAY
This list will be updated as needed.
- Amici Cafe, Caloundra
- Bao Down, Mount Coolum
- Bar Deco, Yandina
- Beach Road Coffee Co
- Bean There Done That Espresso Bar
- Beau's, Kings Beach
- Ben & Jerry's, Mooloolaba
- Bleu Bean, Mooloolaba
- Caf Coolum
- Cafe Vie, Buderim
- Cock and Hen
- Coco's Beachside Cafe, Currimundi
- Coffee Cat on Kings
- Cuba St
- Daily Dose
- Decisions Cafe, Birtinya
- Eanie Beanie Espresso Bar
- Elixiba, Maroochydore
- Elliotts Bistro, Alexandra Headland
- Freddy Fuddpukkas Café, Coolum Beach
- German Bakehouse Café
- Glass - Coffee House and Wine Bar
- Good Bar, Mooloolaba
- Good Bean Nambour
- Grind Café, Noosaville
- Grounded, Woombye
- GURU Life
- Heads of Noosa
- Hello Harry, Maroochydore, Birtinya and Caloundra
- High Tide Bar Grill & Café
- Homegrown Cafe, Palmwoods
- Izba Espresso, Bells Reach and Minyama
- Jamaica Blue Cooroy
- John Kyle Espresso, Buderim
- Kunara Cafe, Forest Glen
- La Maison Du Patissier
- Lawn Espresso, Yandina
- Little Miss Saine
- Monaco Café
- Nambour Social
- Nurcha, Maroochydore and Birtinya
- Murray's Cafe, Maroochydore
- On a Roll Sushi, Birtinya
- One Block Back, Moffat Beach
- Ours Cafe and Goods, Moffat Beach
- Peppers Pizza, Budderim
- P'Nut Street Noodles, Kawana
- Pioneer Coffee Roastery, Yandina
- Providore on Hastings, Noosa
- Raw and Rice
- Reelax Café Dicky Beach
- Riba Kai, Maroochydore
- Rick's Garage, Palmwoods
- Sausage Roll Factory, Palmwoods
- Seafood Market Caloundra
- Shali's Cafe and Bakery, Montville
- Sonder Espresso
- Subway, Glenview BP service station and Kunda Park
- Sunrise Bakery, Mudjimba
- Sunshine Sunshine, Currimundi
- Sweet and Flour Bakery, Burnside
- Thai Frenzy, Buderim
- The Boat Shed
- The Dock, Mooloolaba
- The Pallet Espresso Bar
- The Pocket Espresso Bar, Moffat Beach
- The Rusty Batch, Mooloolaba
- The Store, Eumundi
- The Velo Project
- The Wandering Beach mobile café
- Twinfins Espresso Bar
- Woombye Pub, Woombye
- Yandina Hotel, Yandina
Bottle shops, including Dan Murphys, BWS, Liquorland and Cellarbrations will remain open, as well as shopping centres and supermarkets.
Retail pharmacies and medical centres are also open.
All Coast libraries, pools and council-run sport facilities have been closed by Sunshine Coast Council
Religious gatherings and places of worship have also been forced to close.
Personal services such as beauty therapy, tanning, massage and tattoo parlours are also closed.
Funerals will only be allowed to go ahead with groups of 10. Weddings can now only go ahead with five people at the event - the couple, the celebrant and two witnesses.
Hairdressers and barbers can continue, but must manage social distancing and patrons can only be in the premises for 30 minutes.
Boot camps and personal training must be limited to 10 people.
Are you a local cafe or restaurant owner remaining open and are not included in this list? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.