Authorities have released new details after a man was electrocuted while working on the roof of a vet clinic earlier this week.
Authorities have released new details after a man was electrocuted while working on the roof of a vet clinic earlier this week.

Tradie killed in rooftop electrocution

A MAN who died after being electrocuted on top of a Brisbane vet clinic has been revealed as a contractor who was working onsite.

The 53-year-old man was carrying out maintenance atop of the Greencross Vet at Redland City on Tuesday night when he was electrocuted.

Authorities are still investigating how the incident happened.

In a statement, Queensland's Office of Industrial Relations said it was working with the Electrical Safety Office to get to the bottom of the incident.

"Workplace Health and Safety Queensland, with assistance from the Electrical Safety Office, is continuing investigations into the electrocution of a 53-year-old contractor at a Capalaba veterinary clinic on Tuesday," the statement read.

"As an investigation has commenced, no further comment can be made."

Emergency crews were called about 5.15pm to Greencross Vets on Old Cleveland Rd, where the 53-year-old man was found unresponsive on the roof.

It is believed he had been working alone.

Originally published as Contractor killed in rooftop electrocution



QLD election live: How every seat is falling

QLD election live: How every seat is falling

Queensland’s election is set to go down to the wire CHECK OUR INTERACTIVE

Golf ball size hail in Gympie’s north as storms hit

Premium Content Golf ball size hail in Gympie’s north as storms hit

A chain of storm cells sweeping across the southeast have dumped hail on parts of...

UPDATE: ‘Very dangerous’ thunderstorms move in on Gympie

Premium Content UPDATE: ‘Very dangerous’ thunderstorms move in on Gympie

Giant hail, heavy rain and destructive winds are heading for Gympie and other parts...