EMERGENCY services were called to a Glenvale home after reports that a child had started a fire in a bedroom cupboard. 

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the crews arrived at the Balonne Rd address about 8pm. 

"The fire was extinguished upon arrival," she said. 

"We ventilated the area and made the scene safe."  

Paramedics transported a 49-year-old man to the Toowoomba Hospital with minor burns on his hand. 

They also treated five people for smoke inhalation. 



Saturday shaping up for explosive weather in Gympie region

Premium Content Saturday shaping up for explosive weather in Gympie region

Voters are advised to get to the polling booth early as severe storms are set to...

Aerial photos reveal staggering spread of illegal campfire

Premium Content Aerial photos reveal staggering spread of illegal campfire

The blaze was caused by an illegal campfire on Fraser Island

Helpless toddler among 52 files on pedo’s computer

Premium Content Helpless toddler among 52 files on pedo’s computer

Paul Max McLaren Grewar, 21, walks free from court after sentencing