Bruce Highway reopens
THE Bruce Highway is now open with caution at Gympie after it was closed in several places south of Gympie at the weekend.
Minor to moderate flood levels will continue to ease during Monday along the Mary River between Dagun Pocket and Gympie.
At 6am Monday, the river level at Gympie was at 12.84 metres and easing with moderate flooding, with levels expected to continue to ease to minor during Monday
Gympie Regional Council has issued the below advice on road closures.
Please be aware that there may be many additional roads that are flooded or partially flooded and could have possible damage to the running surface due to the current weather conditions.
This information is provided as a courtesy, weather conditions may alter water heights suddenly between updates.
Residents should be vigilant and monitor water levels in their area.
- Albert Park (Underpass) Open 7.00pm 25/02/2012
- Amamoor Creek Road Crossings Open 6.00am 27/02/2012
- Brisbane Road One Mile School Open 5.15am 27/02/2012
- Bruce Highway (South) Centro Roundabout Open 2.00am 27/02/2012
- Bruce Highway (South) Cobb's Gully Open 5.00pm 26/02/2012
- Bruce Highway (South) Inglewood Bridge Open 2.30am 27/02/2012
- Bruce Highway (South) Kybong near Traveston Crossing Road Open 5.00pm 26/02/2012
- Bruce Highway (South) Kybong Creek Open 9.30pm 26/02/2012
- East Deep Creek Road Near Nolan's Closed 12.30pm 25/02/2012
- Fisherman's Pocket Road Near Dobbo's Road Closed 7.45am 25/02/2012
- Glastonbury Road Eel Creek Bridge Open 2.20am 27/02/2012
- Goomong Road Goomong Bridge Open 7.00am 26/02/2012
- Gympie-Brooloo Road Mary Valley near Goomong Road Open 7.00am 26/02/2012
- Gympie Wooloolga Road Kidd Bridge on Exhibition at Gympie Closed 11.00am 25/02/2012
- Kandanga Creek Road Spicers Bridge Open 6.00pm 26/02/2012
- Kandanga Creek Road Bunya Bridge (near Cemetery) Open 6.00pm 26/02/2012
- Kenilworth-Skyring Creek Chinaman Creek Bridge Open 7.45am 27/02/2012
- Kenilworth-Skyring Creek Happy Jack Creek Open 7.30am 27/02/2012
- Mary Valley Highway Calico Creek Bridge Open 6.00pm 26/02/2012
- Mary Valley Highway Normanby Bridge Open 1.00pm 26/02/2012
- Moy Pocket Road Pickering's Bridge Closed 8.00am 25/02/2012
- Noosa Road Near Speedway Closed 7.30am 25/02/2012
- Old Imbil Road Duck Ponds Closed 3.30pm 25/02/2012
- Power Road Smerdon Road Open 8.00am 27/02/2012
- Randwick Road East Deep Creek Closed 12.30pm 25/02/2012
- Sorensen Road Groundwater Road Open 7.00am 27/02/2012
- Tin Can Bay Road Moody Creek Open 4.00am 27/02/2012
- Traveston Crossing Road Traveston Crossing Bridge (Mary River) Closed 6.00am 25/02/2012
- Tuchekoi Road Coonoongibber Creek Open 6.00am 27/02/2012
- Walkers Road Walkers Bridge Closed 8.00am 25/02/2012
- Wide Bay Highway Bells Bridge Open 10.00am 27/02/2012
- Widgee Crossing Road Near Sewerage Treatment Plant Closed 9.50am 25/02/2012
- Yabba Creek Road Yabba Creek No. 1 Crossing Closed 7.00am 25/02/2012
Residents are advised -
Road conditions across the Region may deteriorate and motorists and residents need to be prepared for emergencies and stay vigilant.
Minimise travel wherever possible, be prepared in your own home and be aware of what is happening around you
In the event of emergency or life threatening situations - call 000
If you require assistance during a flood please contact the SES Emergency line on 132 500.
Latest available road closures and flood heights are available on Gympie Regional Council's website and will be updated regularly as information comes to hand
Residents who wish to report unsafe road conditions are asked to phone Council on 1300 307 800.
For more information on state-wide road closures, please see the TMR website.