The baby was burned inside a Buddhist prayer centre in Minto. Picture: Bill Hearne
The baby was burned inside a Buddhist prayer centre in Minto. Picture: Bill Hearne

Baby girl burned by falling candles at Buddist prayer centre

A BABY has suffered burns to her face, arms and legs after a tray of candles fell on her at a Buddhist prayer centre in Sydney's southwest.

The 11-month old girl was being held by her mother at the Bangladesh Australia Buddhist Society temple on Haultain Street, Minto, when the tray tipped towards her, igniting and covering her in melting wax.

The baby and her mother and father suffered burns in the incident. Picture: Bill Hearne
The baby and her mother and father suffered burns in the incident. Picture: Bill Hearne

Her mother, 28, also sustained burns to face and minor burns to hands and feet. Her father, aged 35, sustained minor burns to his hands and feet.

Police treated the three until the arrival of Paramedics who took the girl to The Children’s Hospital Westmead, and her parents to Westmead Hospital.

They are reported to be stable. Inquiries are continuing.



Sunshine Motorway smash sparks Bruce Hwy delays

Sunshine Motorway smash sparks Bruce Hwy delays

Lanes reduced, long delays expected

Body in a bin murder accused extradited to Victoria

premium_icon Body in a bin murder accused extradited to Victoria

Coast man charged after missing man's body was found in bin

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE: Brazen big giraffe theft caught on CCTV

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE: Brazen big giraffe theft caught on CCTV

Footage of the giraffe theft that occurred on Mary St

Local Partners