Terms and Conditions for “ Lets Light up Gympie 2013” ( Business Lights)
The Gympie Times
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
To enter, Contestants fill in the nomination form in the Gympie Times from Wednesday 13th November until Friday 13th December, 2013 and Drop this form into RTSQ 123 Mary Street or email it to email@example.com
The entry mastheads must be original newsprint - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted.
The entry form must then be: D
rop this form into RTSQ 123 Mary Street or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contestants may submit more than one entry but can only win one of the prizes on offer.
Three different categories to win:
• Best decorated building
Zinc 96.1 advertising package value $2000
• Best decorated shop window
Gympie Times advertising package value $1049
• People’s choice award
Bendigo Bank business account containing $500
Total value of all prizes is $3549
Entries close 14th of December, categories will be judged by an independent panel on the 18.12.13.
Prizes awarded Friday the 20th of December 2013.
The prize is unrestricted to age. The prize value is exclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Wednesday 13th November and ends on Friday December 13th, 2013. Entry deadline is 5pm Friday December 14th, 2013.
Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
3 Eligibility limitations:
The following persons are also ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: Entries close 14th of December, categories will be judged by an independent panel on the 18.12.13 - Prizes awarded Friday the 20th of December 2013. following winner validation and verification. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in The Gympie Times public notices on 2013. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Redraw: In the event that the winner has not come forward by 3 months from the draw date 2013, the Promoter may conduct such further random draws as are necessary on this date at 12.30pm at the same place as the original draw, to select a new winner.
In the event of a redrawn winner, he/she will be contacted directly on the phone number(s) provided.
7. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
9. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of The Gympie Times Pty Ltd (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement).
Promoter: Gympie Times Pty Ltd