Terms and Conditions
The Gympie Times – The Danger Mouse Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent residents of Queensland to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 12 years and under at the time of entry to be eligible and must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is The Gympie Times Pty Ltd, 44 Nash Street, Gympie Queensland 4570. ABN 62 009 656 928. Telephone number: 07 5480 4229.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form and colouring-in picture published in The Gympie Times on Tuesday December 13, 2016.
- The entry form and colouring-in picture must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form and colouring-in picture must be fully completed and placed in an envelope and addressed to: The Gympie Times – Danger Mouse Competition; then:
- Send to: PO Box 394, Gympie Qld 4570; or
- Deliver to: 44 Nash Street, Gympie Qld 4570;
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 19).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however any contestant can only win one (1) prize.
- One original entry form and colouring-in picture per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, contestants are responsible for the cost of delivery or postage of entries.
- There will be five (5) winners chosen by random draw. The winners will each receive:
- 1 of 5 copies of: Danger Mouse – Merry Christmouse, retail value $14.95 each.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $74.75 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Tuesday December 13, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm AEST Monday December 19, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected by random draw at The Gympie Times office at 2:00pm AEST on Monday December 19, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in The Gympie Times Public Notices on Wednesday December 21, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from The Gympie Times office and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Contestants under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
- Prizes must be collected within 90 days of notification. Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be re-entered into an uncollected prize redraw and a new winner selected as per these terms and conditions.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
32. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
33. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
34. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
37. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.