Terms and Conditions
The Gympie Times – Fireman Sam Competition
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 12 years and under at the time of entry to be eligible and must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is The Gympie Times Pty Ltd, 44 Nash Street, Gympie Queensland 4570. ABN 62 009 656 928.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form and colouring-in picture from The Gympie Times newspaper published on Tuesday September 6, 2016.
- The entry form and colouring-in picture must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form and colouring-in picture must be fully completed and placed in an envelope and addressed to: The Gympie Times – Fireman Sam Competition; then:
- Send to: PO Box 394, Gympie Qld 4570; or
- Deliver to: 44 Nash Street, Gympie Qld 4570;
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 18).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however any contestant can only win one (1) prize.
- One original entry form and colouring-in picture per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, contestants are responsible for the cost of delivery or postage of entries.
- There will be two (2) winners chosen by random draw. The winners will each receive:
- One (1) copy of the DVD: Fireman Sam: Great Escape to Pontypandy, retail value $14.95 each (inclusive of GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $29.90 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences at 5:00am on Tuesday September 6, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm Monday September 12, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected by random draw at The Gympie Time office at 12:05pm Monday September 12, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be published in The Gympie Times Kids Zone Kids Page on Tuesday September 13, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from The Gympie Times office and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Contestants under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
- All prizes must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw at The Gympie Times, Newspaper Place at Maroochydore on November 7, 2016 as per these Terms and Conditions and drawn randomly. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
31. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
32. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
33. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
34. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
36. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.