Terms and Conditions
The Gympie Times – Cirque du Soleil Competition
- By entering this competition (‘the competition’), Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent residents of Queensland to be eligible to enter and reside in the distribution area of The Gympie Times.
- Contestants must be available to attend the performance on Saturday December 10, 2016.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over at the time of entry to be eligible.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Sunshine Coast Newspaper Company Pty Ltd, 2 Newspaper Place, Maroochydore Qld 4558. ABN 56 009 795 859. Telephone number 07 5430 1070.
- To enter, Contestants must obtain the entry form published in The Gympie Times newspaper between Saturday October 1, 2016 and Saturday October 8, 2016 (inclusive and excluding Sunday October 2, 2016).
- The Entry form must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full and placed in an envelope addressed to The Gympie Times – Cirque du Soleil Competition; then:
- Send to: PO Box 394, Gympie Qld 4570; or
- Deliver to: 44 Nash Street, Gympie Qld 4570.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 21).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however, there is only one prize.
- One original entry form per standard envelope will be deemed a valid entry.
- While entry is free, contestants are responsible for any cost associated with posting or delivering entries.
- One (1) Major prize winner will be selected via random draw from all valid entries received. The prize includes the following features for the winner and their travelling companion.
- One (1) Family Pass (4 tickets) to see Kooza on Saturday December 10, 2016 commencing at 8:00pm AEST.
- One (1) night’s accommodation in a Standard Twin Room at the Novotel Skygate Brisbane Airport on Saturday December 10, 2016.
The winner must collect their prize by 12:00pm AEST Thursday November 10, 2016 as the prize is valid for one (1) performance on December 10, 2016 only. If the prize remains uncollected, a redraw will take place as per these terms and conditions at 2:00pm AEST Thursday November 10, 2016.
- The prize is for the accommodation (room only) and the inclusions stated in these terms and conditions and does not include any further accommodation, meals, beverages, trips, excursions or Mini Bar purchases.
- The winner is responsible for transport from their home destination to the Novotel and the performance and back.
- Total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $799.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes that may apply to the winning of this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner is responsible for any incidentals or anything charged to the accommodation.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Saturday October 1, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm AEST Thursday October 13, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the promotion period will be deemed invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible to enter.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected via random draw at The Gympie Times office, 44 Nash Street, Gympie Qld on Thursday October 13, 2016 at 2:00pm AEST and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner’s details will be published in The Gympie Times Public Notices on Saturday October 15, 2016.
- Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from The Gympie Times office and Government issued Photo ID is required for residency and identity purposes.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- The prize must be collected by the date specified in Clause 15.
- The winner is solely responsible for collecting their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
33. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
34. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
35. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
36. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
38. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.