Terms and Conditions for “Photography By Bambi ”
The Gympie Times
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
To enter Contestants must collect the word Bambi (2 Letters in the Gympie Times Tuesday to Saturday) and Place them on the Entry form Published in the Gympie Times s between Tuesday March 19th and Wednesday May 1st, 2013.
2. Original Print
The Entry form and Letters must be original newsprint - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted. The Tokens must contain the Gympie Times Logo.
Next, place the Complete Entry Form complete with the 5 Bambi letters in an envelope marked The Gympie Times “Bambi " with your name, address, email address and contact phone number(s) on the back and then:
- send by pre-paid post to The Gympie Times Po Box 394 Gympie Q 4570
(so it is received before the Closure Time); or
(b) delivered to The Gympie Times 197 Mary Street Gympie
Contestants may submit more than one entry.
$920 worth of portraits. included the sitting fee in this ($120). Session to be within 20kms of Gympie.
Package supplied by Photography by Bambi
4.The prize is unrestricted to age. The prize value is exclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
5. Competition duration: The competition commences on Tuesday 19th March and ends on Wednesday 1st May 2013. Entry deadline is 5pm Wednesday May 1st 2013.
Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
6 Eligibility limitations:
The following persons are also ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
7. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected by random draw at or around 9am Thursday 2nd May 2013 at The Gympie Times Office and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners do not need to be there to win. Winner’s details will be published in The Gympie Times public notices on Saturday May 4th, 2013. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
8. Redraw: In the event that the winner has not come forward by 3 months from the draw date 2013, the Promoter may conduct such further random draws as are necessary on this date at 12.30pm at the same place as the original draw, to select a new winner.
In the event of a redrawn winner, he/she will be contacted directly on the phone number(s) provided.
8. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
10. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
11. Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of APN Newspapers (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement).
Promoter: APN News and Media