Conditions of entry: APN Australian Regional Media’s “Subscription chance to win a $2,000 Visa Prepaid Card” promotion
1. By entering into the competition Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia.
3. Competition commences Monday 26 March, 2012 and closes 5pm (AEST) on Thursday 31 May, 2012 (”Promotion Period”). The competition will be running across the following publications: Daily Mercury, The Morning Bulletin, The Observer, NewsMail, Fraser Coast Chronicle, The Gympie Times, Sunshine Coast Daily, The Chronicle, Warwick Daily News, The Queensland Times, Daily News, The Northern Star and The Daily Examiner (“Participating Publications”).
4. Entry: To enter, readers must subscribe to one of theParticipating Publications for a minimum term of six months. Refer to local newsagent for subscription cost and delivery charges. Subscription must be current at time of draw. Subscription must be in good order with payment up to date without credit issues. Subscriptions received after the closure of the Promotion Period will not be eligible.
5. Prize: There are 13 x Load & Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid Cards, preloaded with $2,000 each, to be won across all Participating Publications, that is, one Visa Prepaid Card preloaded with $2,000 to be won for each Participating Publication. All cards are subject to the usage limits, fees, terms and conditions which can be found at auspost.com.au/prepaidcards. The prize value is inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable.
6. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) advertising agencies, newsagents and subagents of the Promoter;
(iii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees, agents and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iv) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
To be eligible to win a prize, a Contestant must have all subscription fees paid and up-to-date as at the date of the draw. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
7. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected by random draw at 10am on Monday 14 May, 2012 at Level 3, 33 Park Road Milton 4064. The winner’s name will be published in the public notices section in the Participating PublicationsonThursday 17 May, 2012. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. Contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestants.
8. Redraw: In the event that the winner has not come forward by 2.30pm on Thursday 30 May, 2012, the Promoter may conduct such further random draws as are necessary on this date at 3.00pm at the same place as the original draw, to select a new winner. In the event of a redrawn winner, he/she will be contacted directly on the phone number(s) provided.
9. Prize collection: The prizes will be available from each Participating Publication’s site office within 7 days of draw date. The winner must provide driver’s licence to verify details. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Contestant or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in thecompetition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
10. Termination/suspension: If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the Promoter’s control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and (subject to any written directions given by the various Lotteries Departments), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
11. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery or bank account details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage, courier or EFT. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained to any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
12. Entries and privacy: All entries become the property of APN Australian Regional Media and may be used for marketing purposes. This information is being collected by APN Australian Regional Media to assist us in improving our products and services. We may share your information with APN Australian Regional Media related companies. We may be in touch to let you know about goods, services or promotions that may be of interest to you with special offers or in relation to our other goods and services. If you do not wish to share or receive any marketing material please tick the ‘opt out’ box located on the subscription form.
Promoter: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd ABN 21 009 657 943