Terms and Conditions
The Gympie Times – The Ultimate Show Experience
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18+ at the time of entry to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is The Gympie Times Pty Ltd, 44 Nash Street, Gympie Queensland 4570.
ABN 62 009 656 928.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the code word printed in The Gympie Times on Saturday May 7, 2016, then go online at www.gympietimes.com.au/gympieshow enter all details as required along with the code word and submit their entry.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per contestant.
8. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
9. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
10. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
11. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- There will be 1 winner chosen by random electronic draw. The winner will receive:
- The ultimate Gympie show prize pack that includes:
- Show ride vouchers, retail value $200.00 (inclusive of GST).
- One (1) x 3 day family pass for 2 adults and 4 children , retail value $70.00 (inclusive of GST)
- Four (4) Jumbo Show Bags, retail value $80.00 (inclusive of GST)
- Winner must collect their prize no later than 4:45pm Thursday May 12, 2016 for the prize to remain valid. Prizes not collected will be forfeited.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $350.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences at 5:00am on Saturday May 7, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm Tuesday May 10, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected in a random draw by Gympie Times staff on Tuesday May 10, 2016 at 2:00pm and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner will be published in The Gympie Times public notices on Saturday May 14, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from The Gympie Times and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm winner’s identity and residence.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Prizes must be collected no later than 4:45pm Thursday May 12, 2016.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
29. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
30. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
31. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
32. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
34. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.