Terms and Conditions: The Gympie Times – Ozhats Giveaway
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form published in the Gympie Times between Wednesday August 26, 2015 and Saturday August 29, 2015.
Contestants must place the completed entry form in the Gympie Times Barrel at the Ozhat Stand located at the Gympie Music Muster.
Entry forms must be original newsprint. Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
Contestants may submit more than one entry.
2. Competition duration: The competition commences at 5:00am Wednesday August 26, 2015 and closes at 4:59pm Saturday August 29, 2015 (closing date/time). Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed as invalid.
- 1 of 4 Akubra Hats to be given away, retail value of $150.00 each.
- Total maximum retail value of the prizes in this competition is $600.00 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 years require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: There are 2 draws for the competition: 2 hats will be given away at each of these draws:
- 1st draw: 5:00pm Friday August 28, 2015.
- 2nd draw: 5:00pm Saturday August 29, 2015.
The random draw will take place at the Ozhat Stand, Gympie Music Muster. Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winners will be published in the Gympie Times Public Notices on Saturday September 5, 2015.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. Any winner must sign a Release Form confirming collection of their prize. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. If the prizes remain uncollected, the prizes will go back into an uncollected prize draw 90 days from the initial draw date. New winner/s will be contacted by telephone.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: Gympie Times Pty Ltd
ACN 009 656 928