MEMBERS of the State Crime Operations Command's Firearms Investigation Team have charged a man and seized a quantity of firearms, drugs and ammunition at a Mooloo property yesterday.
On Tuesday afternoon officers from the Firearms Investigation Team with assistance from police from the North Coast Region executed a search warrant at a Mooloo (near Gympie) address.
During a search of the property police allegedly located a number of mature cannabis plants, methylamphetamines, steroids, utensils and a quantity of firearms and weapons.
A 34-year-old man was charged with various offences including:
- 1 x possess category R weapon
- 1 x possess category H weapon
- 2 x possess category D weapon
- 1 x possess category A weapon
- 1 x possess category B weapon
- 1 x possess category M weapon
- 1 x possess explosives
- 1 x possess magazines
- 1 x produce dangerous drugs
- 3 x possess dangerous drugs
The 34-year-old man will appear in the Gympie Magistrates Court on May 21.
Investigations regarding the origin of the seized weapons are ongoing.
See the full story in tomorrow's Gympie Times.