A YOUNG man is devastated by the loss of all his belongings in a fire at the weekend.
The 24-year-old, who wished to remain anonymous, was taken into care for treatment yesterday - the stress believed to be too much for him to deal with.
He was not at home at the time of the fire.
Dylan Morrissey, 18, said everything his friend owned was destroyed in the fire, including a vehicle that had taken him 18 months to get to a roadworthy standard.
The Mazda dual cab utility, which was going to be registered within the next fortnight, is now a write-off.
It had been parked next to the converted garage on his mother's Tucker St property.
Gympie Fire and Rescue officers were called to the fire about 2am on Sunday by police officers who were across the road at an unrelated noise complaint.
Queensland Fire and Rescue investigator Kyle Dellit said when firefighters arrived the shed was engulfed.
Because of the small size of the living quarters it took only 10 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the fire, believed to have been started by an electrical fault.
Mr Dellit investigated the scene with a Gympie police scenes of crime officer and a powerboard was taken away for testing to see if it was the cause.
Two vehicles were destroyed in a fire that gutted a young man's living quarters and destroyed everything he owned on Sunday morning.
The fire ripped through the wooden structure - an old shed at the back of a Tucker St home that had been converted into independent living quarters.
Fortunately the resident was not at home at the time.
A Mazda utility owned by the building's 24-year-old occupant and a Proton hatchback, owned by his younger brother were severely damaged by the "extremely hot" fire that reached temperatures hot enough to melt aluminium.
Both young men were in the process of fixing their vehicles and one was ready to be registered.
Their friend Dylan Morrissey said everything had been destroyed in the fire; including an Xbox game console, about three televisions, including a digital flat screen, whitegoods, clothing, bedding and a stereo.
Gympie police said investigations would consider the fire being suspicious but in the meantime regarded the blaze as being accidental.