A YOUNG boy has been airlifted to a Brisbane hospital with suspected burns after a campfire accident at Kin Kin.
The 6-year-old boy was camping with his family at Harry's Hut in the Great Sandy National Park when methylated spirits were accidentally spilled onto a fire.
He was injured as the fire surged, sustaining burns to his face.
An ambulance was first on the scene, and took the boy to the Kin Kin oval, where the RACQ LifeFlight Rescue Helicopter had landed.
A LifeFlight spokesman said the boy was in "good spirits" as he was flown to Lady Cilento Children's Hospital in a stable condition for treatment.
"The aircrewman said he was a bright, happy little fella," the spokesman said.
Queensland Ambulance Service advised the boy was left with 9% partial thickness burns to the lower face and mouth.