Terms and Conditions
The Gympie Times – Win a Kingfisher Bay Getaway
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18+ at the time of entry to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is The Gympie Times Pty Ltd, 44 Nash Street, Gympie Queensland 4570.
ABN 62 009 656 928.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form from the Gympie Times newspaper between Saturday August 6, 2016 and September 2, 2016 (inclusive).
- The entry form must be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full and placed in an envelope marked – The Gympie Times – Win a Kingfisher Bay Getaway; then either:
- Send to: PO Box 394, Gympie Qld 4570; or
- Deliver to: 44 Nash Street, Gympie Qld 4570.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (clause 16).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however can only win one (1) prize.
- While entry is free, Contestants are responsible for the cost of delivering or posting entries.
- There will be five (5) winners chosen by random draw. Each winner will receive:
- One (1) kingfisher Bay Getaway, retail value $462.00 each (inclusive of GST). The getaway includes:
- 2 night’s Ocean View Spa Hotel accommodation for two people.
- Return Passenger Ferry transfers for two people to and from Kingfisher Bay Resort.
- The prize is for accommodation and transfers only.
- Any other travel, meals, beverages or incidental costs are the responsibility of the winner and their companion.
- The prize is subject to availability at the time of booking and cannot be taken during peak periods.
- Prize winners must collect their prize no later than 5:00pm October 5, 2016.
- Prizes that remain uncollected will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw (clause 31).
- If the prize is not utilised prior to the expiry date, the prize will expire and no extensions will be granted.
- If the prize is lost or stolen, the voucher will not be replaced.
- Any alterations to travel plans may incur a rebooking fee.
- Kingfisher Bay may, without notice to the prize winner, substitute any services or the mode of carriage to carry the passenger.
- The Kingfisher Bay Resort Getaway expires on December 31, 2016.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize is $2,310.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences at 5:00am August 6, 2016 and closes at 12:00pm Thursday September 8, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected in a random draw by The Gympie Times staff on Thursday September 8, 2016 at 2:00pm.
- Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in The Gympie Times public notices on September 10, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from The Gympie Times and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residency.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- All prizes that remain uncollected will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw.
- The redraw will take place at The Gympie Times as per these terms and conditions on October 6, 2016.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
32. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
33. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
34. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
35. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
37. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.